South Florida  - Company Message
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Selling Your Home During Holiday Season
South Florida Welcomes Fall!
Have You Heard? It's Selling Season!
Mandatory Equity Membership: Points to Ponder

March 2013
January 2013
December 2012

powered by

My Blog

Interior DesignExpert Advice - PART TWO of Four Part Blog Series

Welcome Back! This week, wecontinue our discussion with award-winning interior designer, Stephanie Holdrenand move to the subject of trends in flooring:

South Florida homes flooring trends

Q: What’s new in floor trends these days?

A: Ceramic tiles that look like wood flooring are a hot design trend. They are manufactured in every color, grain style, size andshape to mimic the look of a real wood flooring. The Herringbone or Chevron pattern is particularly popular as seen here.

These products are more than just magnificent in appearance; they are also cost-effective, easy to clean and abreeze to maintain.

Q: Is flooring an essential design element or one best left neutral?

A: It is all about personal choice. A soft, neutral palette can be established with flooring to create a room that is versatile and timeless. You can also use flooring as a bold design element. For instance,consider a brave flooring choice for your guest bath, especially since it isoften a statement room, used primarily by visitors; why not give itextra panache? Bringing in exotic colors or finishes in flooring, using abold pattern or even animal prints, can give your guest bath a spectacularsplash.

Q: What about new flooring processes or finishes? Is there anything innovative in home flooring?

A: Absolutely. Acid washed cement is the most fresh,new flooring trend. This process is truly limitless in design style and used both indoors and outdoors. An environmentally-friendly process, acid washing is available in an endless array of colors, textures and finishes. The photo below shows an acid washed floor that makes the concrete appear marbled; with inlays providing a rich yet, neutral pop of color and added architectural detail.

South Florida Homes flooring trends

Q: What about plush flooring, like rugs; are they out of style?

A: No. Rugs are definitely not out of style. These days, we are more likely to see them used as a central design element, rather than wall to wall, especially in higher traffic and living areas. They serve to anchor furniture and add a soft style element to any room of the house. Area rugs are tremendously versatile and can instantly change the style of a room. I recommend that you choose your area rug with its potential use in mind. If you have younger children or pets, choose rugs that are easy to clean or replace in high traffic areas. Install your more expensive rugs in rooms of the house which are subject to less wear and tear. From the clean, natural look of sisal to throw-back shags in today’s hottest and most vivid shades; area rugs add a sensational design element to any room of the house.

Q: Sum it up for us, please. When it comes to flooring, give us a few lines of good, general advice.

A: Okay, some general advice… Flooring can truly be everything from an impressive architectural element to a neutral backdrop for your furnishings. My advice is don’t overlook the impact of flooring. Flooring, even merely a new area rug, can change the look of a room overnight. There are flooring choices available today to satisfy all design styles, maintenance preferences and of course, budgets. Well chosen flooring can add substantial impact and genuinely increase the value of your home.

Catch up with us next week when we discuss SouthFlorida trends in Paint and Wall Coverings!

You can contact Stephanie Holdren directly at designbysteph@aol.com or 561-542-0001

Copyright 2013: Valerie Anne Martinettine Martinetti

30 Comments to Homes for Sale South Florida: Interior Design Expert Advice - PART TWO of Four Part Blog Series (Flooring):

Comments RSS
Hardwood Furniture on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:52 AM
Looking attractive mate!! First time I see this kind of design that is really charming.Your inside design is most important to me that helps me to decorate my furniture.

Modern shams on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:55 AM
Wow really such a useful advice you have shard in this post.These advice is really beneficial for interior designers.Thanks a lot

Valerie Anne Martinetti on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:06 AM
Thanks to you both for joining our conversation on interior design. This particular post on flooring was exciting. It is amazing what can be accomplished today with these inoovative products to make flooring a true focal point of the design scheme. Check out this post at Pinterst to see more sensational flooring ideas: http://pinterest.com/aj6j/flooring-ideas/ I hope to see you here again SOON, thanks again for joining the converstation - Valerie Anne :D

Vancouver SEO on Friday, March 08, 2013 4:54 AM
This particular post on flooring was exciting. It is amazing what can be accomplished today with these inovative products to make flooring a true focal point of the design scheme.

Valerie Anne Martinetti on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:45 PM
Yes, it is, isn't it, Vancouver SEO - the possibilities really are limited only the imagination and admittedly, budget of the homeowner. However, I am happy to say, there is such a wide range of product types, you can create everything from a neutral scheme to dramatic impact for any budget :)

Interior Designers Delhi on Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:52 AM
thanks for sharing nice information

Best Architects Delhi on Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:53 AM
thanks for sharing nice information

Valerie Anne Martinetti on Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:41 AM
It is my pleasure Best Architects & Interior Designers Delhi - I was glad to read your post.

tour china guide on Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:00 AM
Hiya, I am really glad I've found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossips and net and this is really frustrating. A good web site with interesting content, that is what I need. Thank you for keeping this website, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can't find it.

bellabluestudio on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:00 PM
Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and coverage! Keep up the amazing works guys I've included you guys to my personal blogroll.

interior designers in delhi on Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:39 AM
very valuable information. keep up the good work.

interior designer nyc on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:17 AM
Ceramic tiles really look magnificent in appearance and they are cost effective too,i am really happy to read this post,thanks for sharing.

goel ganga builders on Friday, July 05, 2013 3:11 AM
hi, I really like posting about projects and viewing others blogs.

Phoenix Group on Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:32 AM
Really south florida is the best location in real estate point of view. I always thanks full to you for writing this interesting post...

essay on Sunday, August 11, 2013 10:51 PM
Ceramic tiles that have a wood finish! That's great! I'm glad that you are updated on the latest flooring trends. Would love to have my house be modeled after that trend.

Condo Price Singapore on Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:24 AM
The article is worth reading, I like it very much. Have a good day! And I hope you will go on to share your new ideas.

real estate sales training on Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:28 AM
Beneficial details as well as outstanding layout you have right here! I would really like to appreciate discussing your ideas as well as period to the items you publish!! Many Thanks

Valerie Anne Martinetti on Friday, September 06, 2013 8:43 AM
I am always interested in hearing my blog readers take on these subjects. Please share your opinions freely and thank you for reading my blog :)

New Punggol Condominiums on Saturday, September 07, 2013 2:11 AM
The particulars discussed on the interior design is informational. The way you have suppleid on this subject. The technicalities you have shown for this subject is significant for me.

RES in Singapore on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:23 AM
Revelatory and significant post according to em. I think the way you have conceptualized the details is just perfect for me. The presentation way is also explanatory for me.

Res Course on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:49 AM
Flooring of the home that is sale in South Florida, I would say is magnetic. The flooring of the house is the main essence as it enlarges the look of the home, I want such flooring for my home as well.

3c Group on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:59 AM
after reading this post i really enjoyed. keep writing another post...

Valerie Anne Martinetti on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:36 AM
Hi 3C - Thank you for your comment, I am glad you enjoyed the blog. How about those ceramic tiles that look like wooden planks - what a practical and cost-effective way to enjoy the look of wood flooring. Please share your thoughts with our readers the next time you pop in, reader's opinions add varied and welcome depth to the blog :)

barbrabrackett.eu on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 9:52 PM
I like the way you have selected for your deal but also want to suggest you that you should have shared some more content about it.

new homes in Irvine on Monday, December 30, 2013 3:45 AM
I found it quiet interesting ,Thank you for posting the great content on southfloridahomesnow …I was looking for something like this…, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs…

wood flooring Basingstoke on Friday, January 17, 2014 7:25 AM
If you've always longed for hardwood floors, you're in good company. While soft wooden floors date back to the Colonial era, hardwood floors first burst on the scene in the late 17th century.

sunny on Monday, January 27, 2014 3:24 AM
nice post

End Of Lease Cleaning Adelaide on Monday, January 27, 2014 3:25 AM
Interior design is the booming business..It just changes the complete appeal of your home.. Thanks for sharing such wonderful post.

wenger watches on Monday, December 29, 2014 5:55 PM
I'm still learning from you, but I'm improving myself. I certainly love reading all that is posted on your website.Keep the aarticles coming. I liked it!

About Floors N More on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:42 AM
It's really appreciable message for everybody thanks for sharing this information.