South Florida  - Company Message
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Selling Your Home During Holiday Season
South Florida Welcomes Fall!
Have You Heard? It's Selling Season!
Mandatory Equity Membership: Points to Ponder

March 2013
January 2013
December 2012

powered by

My Blog

Interior Design Expert Advice - PART FOUR of Four Part Blog Series

Welcome Back! This week, we wrap up our interview with award-winning interior designer, Stephanie Holdren and move to the subject of trends in accessories. Like jewelry in your home, accessories add personal style and impact to your home. Accessories are an exciting avenue to express yourself without making any long term, expensive commitments.

Q: What do you see as a prevalent accessory trend in2013?

A: Nature. I am working with everything from feathers, to roughly-hewn wood elements all the way to mottled pebbles and twigs, both painted and natural. Nature is IN  for inside your home in 2013. It can add considerable drama like the table setting shown here.

Or, a bright punch of color to a room’s sunny white canvas. Bringing nature indoors not only sets a home on the style forefront, it also lends a familiar, comforting statement to any décor.

Q: What about less dramatic, smaller touches with natural objects?

A: Absolutely. Natural accessories can also be soft,in muted colors and smaller in scale. A few tucked here and there will soften any room.

When working with smaller accessories, remember less is more. You don’t want clutter, you want style.

Start with a few small accessories, you can add more later or, even swap them out from room to room to enjoy changing vignettes throughout the home.

Q: Is there anything you are especially excited about in 2013 as far as accessory trends?

A: Gold and brass are making a big come back! It’s been some time since we’ve seen gold and brass used prevalently in home décor;  I am enthused to work with these metals again. Nothing adds pop like the shimmer of golden tones to a room. The glimmering accessories used in the room below add a sleek sophistication to an otherwise neutral-toned room.

Q: What about the black and white rooms, are those still in style?

A: Yes, always. The way designers represent a black and white pallet will change from year to year but, it always manages to find its way into style savvy homes. A tried and true color scheme, black and white rooms can be pumped up or toned down, dependent upon the use of contrast; this is an essential key. A room done primarily in white from walls, to floors to larger furnishings with a subtle appearance of black on smaller accessories, artwork or lighting can portray a traditionally elegant mood. Yet as seen here, a room done primarily in darker shades, with shocks of white making an eye catching pop, offers unadulterated drama. Always versatile, always in style, black and white is an adaptable, ever-stylish color scheme.

I want to express me thanks to Stephanie Holdren for allowing us to read her take on 2013 design trends. It has been both informative and exciting to learn what Stephanie is employing in today’s most highly styled homes. Don’t forget, if you want to contact Stephanie Holdren directly, you may do so via email: designbysteph@aol.com or a
by phone at 561-542-0001.

Copyright 2013: Valerie Anne Martinetti

19 Comments to Homes for Sale South Florida: Interior Design Expert Advice - Part Four of Four Part Blog:

Comments RSS
Hannah Paige on Saturday, March 02, 2013 2:36 AM
I am so much pleased to look at your interior room design which i have liked very much besides i want to decorate my home room by following your design. Thanks a lot mate for giving such kind of handy information.

interior designer nyc on Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:21 AM
Such quality content! I find this article very informative. I am waiting for your next post. Keep it up.

Caloundra Resorts on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:56 AM
The use of furniture at right place just increase the beauty of the home. i like the creativity of designer.

Valerie Anne Martinetti on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:25 PM
Hi to Hannah Paige, Interior Design nyc and Caloundra Resorts - I appreciate your taking the time to post. Please feel free to share your newest ideas or even photos of your work with us. Interior design is such a unique and useable form of expression, it is exciting to see all facets of the creative spectrum.

Ficadon on Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:04 AM
Impact of green revolution is seen in the furniture! I appreciate it!! I like the green part of the entire room because it's looking refreshing, energetic and exclusive. I think the combination of black and white is a universal style and it has no bounds. Thanks for the perfect placement of the furniture.

Valerie Anne Martinetti on Saturday, March 16, 2013 9:23 AM
Hi Ficadon - I agree with your observations that the black and white scheme is universal and that green is a very effective color for adding a vibrant touch to a room. Green can also be very soothing, especially in softer shades, leaning toward gray.

Noosa Accommodation on Monday, March 18, 2013 9:32 AM
Your accessories are very nice to give a new look to the interior. Great combinations of colors which makes that area perfectly suited for that particular occasion.

Main beach holiday apartments on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:40 AM
Some of the information in your article is which I have not aware of. I like the article on vacations, hotels, accommodation and real estate topics. Looking forward to read many more such informative articles and blog posts.

Valerie Anne Martinetti on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:24 PM
Hi to Noosa Accommodation & Main Beach Holiday Apartments - thanks for checking in and sharing your kind commentary. Color is a very strong element that can change a room a little or, a whole lot. If you're feeling brave, be bold and paint an entire wall a fun new hue. If you're more cautious, add smaller elements of your new color like throw pillows or accessories to test the waters.

Cotton Tree Apartments on Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:39 AM
Very nice blog it is,and nice presentation also.The use of furniture at right place just increase the beauty of the home. I like the creativity of designer.Thanks a lot.

Valerie Anne Martinetti on Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:22 AM
Thanks Cotton Tree Apartments - furniture is the cherry on the sundae, that last element of design that makes or breaks a room. I appreciate your comments and hope to see you comment again, soon.

Port Douglas Self Contained Accommodation on Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:34 PM
I like the post! Excellent job! Keep sharing such valuable information through your blogs.

physics tutor on Sunday, August 11, 2013 10:53 PM
Got a lot of design hints in this post. The gold touches add a touch of regal and elegance while the black-and-white combo as you will always be a hit. On a personal note, I am always for the black and white motiff.

write an essay on Friday, August 16, 2013 9:04 AM
The designs are all good but if ever I will decide for my own interior design, it will definitely be related to Chinese motif.

Kutti Machine on Friday, November 15, 2013 5:24 AM
I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.

Cutter Thresher on Friday, November 15, 2013 5:28 AM
Greatly that is a beautiful article! i am in love it. very good presentation.

Apartments for sale turkey on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:22 AM
I'm very impressed by the detail of your blog like Homes for Sale South Florida Interior Design Expert Advice - Part Four of Four Part Blog posts.This is going to be very helpful.Thanks for sharing your thoughts..keep it up

Melinda on Sunday, October 12, 2014 12:59 PM
This interior design is amazing! Where did you get the ideas. I want to design my home with something like that but I just don't have the time. Reservation Counter

high quality watches on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:09 PM
Thank you so much for providing individuals with an extraordinarily marvellous chance to read articles and blog posts from this web site. It really is so kind plus full of amusement for me and my office co-workers to visit the blog particularly 3 times every week to see the new items you have got. And of course, I am at all times happy with the splendid opinions you give. Certain 4 points in this post are surely the best we have all ever had.